We manufacture for mining, oil and gas and construction industries
URALBURMASH (UBM) is
- a long-established pioneer of bit production in Russia;
- 90 years involvement in the industry;
- over 16.5 million bits in sizes 3” to 20’’ manufactured.
As experts, we are trusted by our customers.
We engineer quality, cost-effective products and provide industry leading reliability of supply.
- 1743 – the foundation of the ironworks. The plant had a metallurgical profile for two centuries, it produced pig iron, strip and tire iron, forged nails. In addition, the plant produced wire and wire products, made stone crushers and road-trailed rollers.
- 1931 – the first domestic drill bit was manufactured, designed according to proven specifications; first 807 bits were produced.
- 1941 – the press-forging shop was put into operation, and the first drill head was produced.
- 1956 – the first millionth drill bit was manufactured.
- 1957 – the in-house heat treatment plant was inaugurated.
- 1960 – start of production of geological exploration bits.
- 1970 – new block of main production bays was put into operation.
- 1979 – the largest number of bits per year was produced – 500,000 items, and such production volumes in a year have never been achieved by any other bit plant in the world at the time.
- 1981 – a drill head 2V-K212/6-TKZ was used when drilling the super-deep Kola well at a depth of 12 km.
- 1987 – Verkhneserginsky bit plant was renamed as Ural Drilling Machine Building Plant.
- 1990 – the Uralburmash OJSC trademark was registered in the State Register of Trademarks of the USSR.
- 1993 – the state enterprise Ural Drilling Engineering Plant was transformed into Uralburmash joint-stock company of the open type.
- 1996 – Uralburmash joint-stock company of the open type was renamed into Uralburmash OJSC.
- 2007 – Uralburmash OJSC becomes part of VBM-group. Implementation of the technical re-equipment plan.
- 2008 – Uralburmash switches to a new system for marking bits and adopts dark cherry company livery. The new designation system contains complete information about the bit design, which makes it easier to select bits for specific geological and technical drilling conditions.
- 2007-2020 – continuous updating of manufacturing equipment.
- 2012 – launch of a new in-house heat treatment plant.
- 2014 – modernization of press-forging production.
- 2017 – production of pneumatic DTH bits was introduced.
- 2019 – introduction of a new technology for the production of bits using state of the art equipment.
- 2019-2022 - production of chisels with a diameter of 349.2-490 mm has been mastered.
- 2019-2022 - production of chisels with a sealed support has been mastered.
During years of operation, the Uralburmash plant has manufactured more than 16.5 million roller cone bits and now it is a modern and dynamically developing specialized high-tech enterprise with a complete production cycle of drilling tools, complete production infrastructure and employing highly qualified personnel.